Date:      Thu, 04 Jul 2002 02:58:30 -0700
From:      Ryan Grove <ryan@wonko.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using send-pr

I'm trying to submit a new port using send-pr. I've read the send-pr
manpages, I've read all the documentation I can find on FreeBSD.org, and
as far as I can tell I'm doing everything the right way, but apparently
my submissions are not getting through, because I'm not getting any
acknowledgements.

I've got a file in the current directory named "foo", which is my
filled-out copy of the send-pr template. At the commandline, I type:

      send-pr -f foo

I get the prompt:

      s)end, e)dit or a)bort?

...so I hit "s". It tells me the report has been sent. I wait eight
hours, check my email, no acknowledgement that my report has been
received. What am I doing wrong? Is there some deep hidden secret I've
missed out on? Do I need to do a special dance? Maybe a nice mystical chant?

--
Ryan Grove
ryan@wonko.com