Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 19:56:01 -0400
From:      Bob Hall <rjhalljr@starpower.net>
To:        To:@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing fvwm from 4.3 RELEASE

Hi,

I tried installing fvwm2 from the 4.3 RELEASE cdrom. It installed and
I could open a desktop, but there were no buttons and I couldn't
actually do anything. I couldn't find anything in the documentation
that suggested that I was supposed to install my own buttons and
menus, and digging through the configuration file didn't turn up
anything either. Is this a bug in the installation? Am I supposed to
set a flag in the configuration file to bring fvwm to life? Did I
incorrectly perform the ritual flourish when pressing the Enter
button to start the install?

At this point, I'm happily using blackbox, but I would like to see
fvwm in action.

Bob Hall
Know thyself? Absurd direction!
Bubbles bear no introspection.     -Khushhal Khan Khatak
MySQL list magic words: sql query database