Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:32:56 -0700
From:      "vizion communication" <vizion@ixpres.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Routed query

Could someone who is familiar with routed please help me
out.

I am setting up a server which among other things, is
intended to act as a gateway. It has a four port NIC and  I
am using routed.

 I loaded and configured the server last evening but only
one of the ports is physically connected to a live network.
This is the interface being connected to one of our public
IP addresses on de0.

This morning the log has the following messages repeated at
30 secs intervals:
Send bcast send to (de2, 10.0.31.255.520) No Buffer space
available
Send bcast send to (de1, 10.0.15.255.520) No Buffer space
available

de1 is configured with an ip address 10.0.0.5 netmask
255.255.240.0
de2 is configured with an ip address 10.0.16.5 netmask
255.255.240.0

de3 is not configured

Can someone please explain what is happening and why?

I have not yet defined any routes apart from the default
route which is de0.

Thanks very much

David