Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:42:41 -0300
From:      "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Akinori -Aki- MUSHA <knu@idaemons.org>, asami@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, yasuf@bsdclub.org
Subject:   Re: Call for a new virtual category: "ruby"

On Sun, Aug 06, 2000 at 08:04:50PM -0500, Ade Lovett wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 09:56:50AM +0900, Akinori -Aki- MUSHA wrote:
> > Six.  databases/ruby-postgres, japanese/rubytk, lang/irb, lang/ruby,
> > x11-toolkits/ruby-gtk, and x11-toolkits/rubytk.
>
> Now I know there's minimal overhead in creating a new virtual
> category, but to my eyes, 6 is somewhat on the low side.
>
> Perhaps we can come to some consensus on exactly how many ports
> are needed for a virtual category.

	Once again this topic rises from the ashes. :)
	Not counting the language categories (ko, ...),
we should not create virtual categories with less
than the smallest category we already have:
namely mbone (15 ports).
	Unless, of course, there is a very special
need for that, e.g., a new mainstream programming
language. :)

	My 2 cents,
		Mario Ferreira