Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:04:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: netscape6 (linux)

On 2001-07-19, User & Ian Patrick Thomas scribbled:

# I am also using mozilla 0.9.2,1 on my box.  It's a huge leap forward in
# speed and reliability from the .8 series.  Both modern and classic work on
# mine with no problems.  Do you have an error message for when you try to
# change to the modern skin?

No error... just sometimes Mozilla will continue to run, but artifacts
start to appear, fonts are rendered incorrectly in the address bar or
the menus. There are times where Mozilla will crash hard and the only
thing coming back to the calling console would be, "Segmentation Fault".

I'm happy with the Classic theme actually. Not as pretty as the Modern
theme... but it works fine.

Just in case you want to know what I'm running on:
Hardware - IBM Thinkpad T21 with a P3-800, 384MB of RAM, 20GB hard
drive, 14" display w/ Savage IX 8MB video chipset, and integrated
Ethernet/Modem (Intel Ethernet).
Software - FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE, XFree86 4.1.0, KDE 2.1.0, Mozilla 0.92

--
Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]

// 404b - Brain not found