Date:      Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:52:16 -0500
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: change log

Robert Storey wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Sorry to be asking such a dumb question, but I'm looking for the
>changelog for FBSD 5.4 and I haven't been able to find it (even after
>lots of Googling). Could anybody point me to the correct web page?
>
>TIA,
>Robert

No announcement has been made; 5.4 has not been -RELEASED,
ergo, no change log.

There does seem to be a mention of 5.4-BETA1 ... but AFAICT
this is not a RELEASE and the web page will not be updated,
per se.*

http://freebsd.org/news/newsflash.html

The entire CVS tree is available for viewing; this can give
you exact detail into changes as they are being made:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/

Finally, you can see that 5.4-RELEASE is scheduled to
be announced on April 26th at:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/schedule.html

This page also gives an approximate timeline for many
related activities, including updating the web page, etc.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey

*AAMOF, it appears that re@ is now calling what were
heretofore known as "PRELEASE"s as "BETAn"s, now....