Date:      Sun, 1 Nov 1998 00:55:29 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Ben Cohen <bjc23@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Soundblaster problems

> I think perhaps you're overlooking one very important detail: you also must do
> a PnP configure of the card at boot time.
>
> See http://multiverse.com/~rhh/awedrv/awepnp-freebsd.txt (admittedly in need of
> an update, soon as I can get around to it and get Randall to post it).

Thanks---this seems to be the way to proceed; the OPL device is now
recognised by the kernel.

However, I don't understand the kernel config program enough to tell what
I should put in kernel config to actually make it work.  The page you
quoted was helpful, but I don't think my setup is the same, so I don't
know what parameters I should use.  I have tried using the following sets
of parameters (among others):

CSN LDN conf en irqs  drqs others (PnP devices)
  1   0 OS    Y  5 0   1 5  port 0x220 port1 0x330 port2 0x388
  1   1 OS    Y  0 0   0 0  port 0x200
  1   2 OS    Y  0 0   0 0  port 0x620
  1   3 OS    N  0 0   4 4

CSN LDN conf en irqs  drqs others (PnP devices)
  1   0 OS    Y  5 0   1 5  port 0x220 0x330
  1   1 OS    Y  0 0   0 0  port 0x200
  1   2 OS    Y  0 0   0 0  port 0x620
  1   3 OS    N  0 0   4 4

These allow opl0 to be recognised but not sb*.

Am I doing something obviously wrong, or should I keep on trying different
things?
Is there a web page which explains what I should do in this case rather
than giving a general example?

Thanks...

Ben.