Date:      20 Mar 1999 21:14:30 +0100
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@plab.ku.dk>
To:        Peter J Jones <p@dancris.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: undefined reference to

Peter J Jones <p@dancris.com> writes:

>     I have been trying to figure this one out for a couple of days
> now and wanted some help! I just upgraded from 2.2.6-RELEASE to
> 3.1-RELEASE and have a few problems that I am working on. My biggest
> is compiling Perl 5.005_02. This is what I get after compile during
> linking...

Have you actually _done_ the upgrade?  The reason why I am asking this
is because 5.005_02 _is_ a standard Perl on 3.1, so if you've upgraded
successfully, 5.005_02 should be available to you as /usr/bin/perl.

How did you do the upgrade?

What are you doing when you are getting those errors?  Building world?
Compiling just Perl?

> Please Help, I need Perl soon...

What Perl are you trying to compile?  Is it the distribution of
5.005_02 from CPAN?

Please tell us more, there are normally not so many problems with
Perl.

--
Anton Berezin <tobez@plab.ku.dk>
The Protein Laboratory, University of Copenhagen