Date:      Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:39:57 +0800
From:      "Ceasar V. Navato, Jr." <jhongjr@philonline.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD and MSI K8MNEO-V mainboard problem

To all gurus out there,

    Please help me. I am installing FreeBSD 5.4 RELEASE for AMD64 using
socket 754 MSI K8MNE0-V mainboard and AMD 64  3000+ CPU and encountered
this error during the base installation. It says "write failure
transfer! (wrote -1 bytes of 1425408 bytes)". It always happens during
the base installation.

    Here are the full specs of my hardware.

    Mainboard - MSI K8MNEO-V ver. 1
    CPU - AMD64 3000+
    Memory - 2 pcs. Kingston (512 x MB each)
    Hard disk - 2 SATA hard disk configured to use the RAID1 feature of
the mainboard and 1 IDE (all Seagate)

     There's no problem when I use the i386 version.

Thank you very much in advance,

--

Ceasar V. Navato, Jr.
Infodyne, Inc. - PhilOnline.com