Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 1997 11:12:38 -0500
From:      "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg@wintek.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   de0 success under 2.2.5-BETA

We have been running the de0 driver from 3.0-CURRENT under a very
recent 2.2.5-BETA and don't see any problems. I applied the patches
from 3.0-CURRENT to fix some memory buffer problems by hand to the
versions available on www.3am-software.com and everything worked
fine from there.

We are using BayNetworks NetGear 10/100 PCI adaptors. They are based
on the 21140A chipset. Actually they work too well, and we need to
buy a 10/100 Switch now so they don't kill our network doing innocent
things like ftp. <grin>

Netatalk still seems to be broken, but that's now appears to be
independant of the problems we had seen with the de0 drivers.

Let me know if anybody wants more info on our "successful testing"

 - Steve

--
C. Stephen Gunn                 Wintek Corporation
E-mail: csg@wintek.com          427 N 6th Street