Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 1998 11:50:44 +1000 (EST)
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@dstc.edu.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   should the 3.0 SNAP boot.flp read ATAPI CD's?

Tried to do an upgrade from the 3.0 snap of the 23rd. the CD
looks fine, the boot.flp works fine, but I can't see a dmesg
line for detecting my atapi CD, nor mount it for a CD install.

My pre-ELF kernel on hd finds the wdc1 instance on 15/170-177 fine
and maps in wcd0 on that.

I guess I can cut a standalone /kernel floppy, and do manual install
but if this is meant to work off the disk, it seems to be faulty...

-George