Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:59:57 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
From:      Sean Welch <welchsm@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VmWare 3 on FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE -- problem solved!

The latest commit to the port has fixed the problem for me!

I should mention that I applied the newest "uncommited
kernel patch" on top of the previous one.  The strange thing is
that there was only one file patched in shm-freebsd4-20031105.diff
(sysv_shm.c) but there were 3 patched when I used
shm-freebsd4-20031003.diff (linux_ipc.c & sysv_shm.c.orig &
sysproto.h).  Was this an omission?  Thinking this was so I applied
over the top of the old one and then had to tweak sysv_shm.c
when one of the three chunks didn't apply.

That asside, the port is working *perfectly* for me now under
4.9-RELEASE; this is one happy camper!

                                                                                     Sean