Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:36:51 -0600
From:      Peter Schultz <pmes@bis.midco.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Capturing Console Output

Hi,

I'm trying to capture console output on one machine by hooking it to
another with a null-modem cable.  The machines are both running the same
version of 5.2-CURRENT.

What's the simplest way to get this to work?

I've tried a number of different ways, but kgdb always says:
(kgdb) target remote /dev/cuaa0
Remote debugging using /dev/cuaa0
Ignoring packet eror, continuing...
Ignoring packet eror, continuing...
Ignoring packet eror, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout

Is there an easy test I can do when both machines are up to see if the
connection is good?  Would this be easier over the ethernet?

Thanks,
Pete...