Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 00:06:38 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        hoek@hwcn.org
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Memory leak in getservbyXXX?

Tim Vanderhoek writes:

 > On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:
 > >
 > > When someone isn't wearing a seatbelt, and they get into an accident,
 > > and they die, average human intelligence goes up.  Only an idiot
 >
 > And the genetic diversity of our species decreases, reducing our
 > species's ability to resist various plagues and what-not.

Yeah, but who cares if the doofs survive?  Would you want to be the last
intelligent person on a planet populated soley with sales dweebs,
marketroids, and multi-level-marketeers?

Besides, even if you discount the stupid people, we'd still have a
million or so people in North America - half who *are* using FreeBSD,
and the other half would if they just knew about it.  That's probably
enough diversity to survive anything short of nuclear winter or a large
meteor strike.