Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:53:23 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        David Schulz <davidschulz@tca-cable-connector.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Zabbix Port

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:56:58 +0800
David Schulz <davidschulz@tca-cable-connector.com> wrote:

> The /usr/ports/net-mgmt/zabbix Port consists out of two components,
> Server and Agent. I would like to install the Agent only, so it
> shouldnt need all these large dependencies such as mysql etc, but i
> cant figure out how to do that. I skimmed trough the Makefile, 	and
> it mentions things about ZABBIX_AGENT_ONLY , but i can figure out how
> to turn that knob. Can anyone tell me please?

Hi David,
you need to define the value you see in the makefile when building the port.
so,

cd /usr/ports/net-mgmt/zabbix
sudo make -DZABBIX_AGENT_ONLY install

and you should be set. You can check the output of the build and figure out if
something is not going to plans...

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Everything is interesting if you go into it deeply enough"
  Richard Feynman

Warned.