Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 17:15:11 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Jose Gabriel J Marcelino <gabriel@maquina.com>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN MPPP

On Wed, May 13, 1998 at 02:28:37PM +0100, Jose Gabriel J Marcelino wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're currently working on a video transmission over ISDN and I was
> wondering what's the status for multi-link PPP (MPPP) over isdn4bsd.

Presently much of a standstill; sorry.

> I guess it's not working yet. Is there someone working on it?

Somewhat, but it has been at the low end of my priorities for a while
(work that absolutely has to be done RIGHT NOW overshadows work that
should be done and would eliminate the other work on a longer
timescale...)

> Would implementing it be difficult for someone not used to ISDN
> driver internals?

Are you used to working in kernel space?  You basically need to modify
the raw channel interface to allow passing of which number to call (by
means of an ioctl()), make that communicate throughout the driver, get
mpd with synchronous support from me (unless you want to run the MP
branch of iij-ppp), and modify the code to use your ioctl().

> Is there any other way to link both B-channels? Would that way be
> compatible with other OSs (eg. Linux?)

Yes and yes, respectively.  You could get by with just having two
connections, and then using multi-directional routing.  A patch to
allow this form of routing was posted to -hackers a few weeks ago
(without any comment about it's relevance or not to ISDN).

Eivind.