Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:28:57 -0700
From:      "Alex" <bandini@flash.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Yahoo <raindogs_1@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: another newbie struggling with ppp/modem issues - still struggling

Thanks to all who responded. I think I've narrowed this down to a problem
recognizing the port (rather than a hardware problem), but this still
doesn't have me much closer to success. The actual modem is a US Robotics
Performance Pro (not a Winmodem), so I doubt that's the source of my
troubles.

I did run sh MAKEDEV to make sure that all the devices existed. Then I used
Kermit to try to contact the modem and I got a message that read:

connection to /dev/cuaa2 failed: Device not configured

Also, on startup, I'm still getting this error message that reads:

sio2: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

Can anyone see what I might be missing here?

Thanks a lot,
Alex

PS- Here, once again, are the lines from my kernel config file:

# Serial (COM) ports
device   sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
device   sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
device   sio2    at isa? port IO_COM3 irq 5
device   sio3    at isa? disable port IO_COM4 irq