Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:25:16 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        g.todd@internet.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libpng-1.2.0 runtime errors

g.todd@internet.co.nz wrote:

> I updated my 4.4 box to gnomecore-1.4.0.4_2 as a result of updated png and gconf and oaf using portupgrade -r.   On starting gnome I got the following warning below in console:
>
> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.8
>  libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.0
>
> Although gnome desktop runs sucessfully no icons are displayed in the panel or menu items and viewing the contents of the gnome piximap directory all png display with their background's black instead of being transparent.  I tried recompliling libpng-1.2.0 checking the version of png.h in the port and reinstalling.    I have on one copy of png.h on my system and it is the 1.2.0 version.  Although not critical the desktop is a mess.  How do I resolve this?

I did a pkg_delete -a and started over from scratch. In my case,
kde-2.2 wouldn't build bison and it errored off. Kdebase-2.2_2
wouldn't do a make package because nothing had created kdmrc. There
are so many ports that depend on libpng. I upgraded portupgrade and it
still added a message to /usr/ports/INDEX about the missing
libpng.so.4. I thought it was easier to just start over.

Kent

> Glenn Todd
>
> Wellington, NZ

Kent Stewart