Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:13:54 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        spork <spork@super-g.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jfieber@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! Upgrade 2.2.5-RELEASE to 2.2-STABLE.

On Mon, Mar 16, 1998 at 04:09:09AM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > Discovered this on Friday. Is basically a Perl interface to a Glimpse search
> > of MHonArc converted mailing lists. Both Glimpse and MHonArc are in the
> > ports collection.
>
> Eeek!  The evil MHonArc resurfaces! ;-)
>
> It doesn't scale at all well -

Disk is cheap?

> just try MHonArc'ing a really big mailing list archive.

I'm about to. I'm setting it up at home so I can keep track of the volumes
of e-mail I get through in a week.

> You soon get a set of monster html files that are
> essentially unusable - I know, I did the short-lived "FreeBSD Docs"
> CD for awhile using MHonArc.

Better suggestions appreciated. It would be better than what we have at
the moment.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?