Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:02:44 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eggdbus calls xsltproc with -nonet: how is that supposed to work?

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com> wrote:
> In course of an expensive portmaster run to try and resolve some stubborn=
 ports (telepathy-glib among them), =A0eggdbus kept failing. The command it=
 choked on was an invocation of xsltproc with -nonet which as best I can te=
ll requests a remote file without using the network.

I can't reproduce it. It ran perfect fine here, so to our tinderboxes
and pointyhat.

------------------------------
% xsltproc -v -nonet
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
eggdbus-binding-tool.xml
[...too long...]
xsltCompilePattern : parsing 'command'
xsltCompilePattern : parsed command, default priority 0.000000
added pattern : 'command' priority 0.000000
xsltCompilePattern : parsing 'type[not(ancestor::cmdsynopsis) and
                not(ancestor::funcsynopsis)]'
xsltCompilePattern : parsed type[not(ancestor::cmdsynopsis) and
              not(ancestor::funcsynopsis)], default priority 0.500000
added pattern : 'type[not(ancestor::cmdsynopsis) and
   not(ancestor::funcsynopsis)]' priority 0.500000
xsltCompilePattern : parsing 'function[not(ancestor::cmdsynopsis) and
                    not(ancestor::funcsynopsis)]'
xsltCompilePattern : parsed function[not(ancestor::cmdsynopsis) and
                  not(ancestor::funcsynopsis)], default priority
0.500000
added pattern : 'function[not(ancestor::cmdsynopsis) and
       not(ancestor::funcsynopsis)]' priority 0.500000
xsltCompilePattern : parsing 'parameter[not(ancestor::cmdsynopsis) and
                     not(ancestor::funcsynopsis)]'
[...too long...]
Importing attribute list section.titlepage.recto.style
Importing attribute list section.titlepage.recto.style
Importing attribute list section.titlepage.verso.style
Importing attribute list section.titlepage.recto.style
freeing dictionary from stylesheet
freeing dictionary from stylesheet
freeing dictionary from stylesheet
freeing dictionary from stylesheet
------------------------------

Try to follow this http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q20 to
see if it helps.

Cheers,
Mezz

> =A0 =A0 =A0 --nonet
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Do not use the Internet to fetch DTDs, entities or do=
cuments.

> gmake[3]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/devel/eggdbus/work/eggdbus-0.6/d=
ocs/man'
> /usr/local/bin/xsltproc -nonet http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl=
/current/manpages/docbook.xsl eggdbus-binding-tool.xml
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net=
/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
> warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/r=
elease/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
> cannot parse http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/=
docbook.xsl
> gmake[3]: *** [eggdbus-binding-tool.1] Error 4
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/eggdbus/work/eggdbus-0.6/do=
cs/man'

> Running it by hand, outside the build process, and then letting the build=
 process pick up what it found ("oh, look, this is already done.") seemed t=
o work.

tproc -v http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docboo=
k.xsl eggdbus-binding-tool.xml
> creating dictionary for stylesheet
> reusing dictionary from http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/curren=
t/manpages/docbook.xsl for stylesheet
> xsltParseStylesheetProcess : found stylesheet
> exclude result prefix exsl
> xsltPrecomputeStylesheet: removing ignorable blank node
>
> telepathy-glib did get upgraded, partly due to some issues with vala, gio=
, gir, and friends not being up-to-date, even after repeated rebuilds.

> --
> Paul Beard
>
> Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?

--=20
mezz.freebsd@gmail.com - mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome@FreeBSD.org