Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2008 01:53:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Won De Erick <won.derick@yahoo.com>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CPU Utilization on IBM x3755

thanks for the lights.

I may not be well verse in interpreting the output, but I am using top -S to make other system processes (like pager, swapper) visible.
I just wondered why the command name should be idle : cpu0, etc. instead of giving a little bit more descriptive name (like what you said, kernel thread bla bla). With this, it would be more understandable. An ordinary user like me could mistakenly interpret it as an "actual" process.

Well thanks Jeremy!