Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 09:54:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        BISSELT@kben.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: JDK 1.1.6 and Swing 1.0.2 (JFC 1.1)

On 14-Aug-98 BISSELT@kben.co.uk wrote:
> perhaps we should prod the good people at IBM to make Jikes available
> for FreeBSD; it runs on Linux with their libc or glibc.

Jikes (A fast Java compiler) for Linux runs under FreeBSD.  We're prodding them
to make a FreeBSD one  for sure, but until then, so long as the Linux one works,
we're not prodding too hard.  I'd rather see them perfect it than to spend time
making ports to all the un*x flavors.  They'll make one eventully for FreeBSD,
I'm sure.

For more details, see:
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/formula/Jikes

Patrick Gardella