Date:      Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:54:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Eugene Rogoza <euro@i.com.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB printing problem: /dev/ulpt0: device busy

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Eugene Rogoza wrote:

> I'm experiencing certain problems with USB printing. I have a Minolta
> PagePro 1300W printer connected to USB port. FreeBSD 5.3 recognizes the
> printer just fine and creates /dev/ulpt0 and /dev/unlpt0 device nodes.

Printer model numbers that end in "W" are often Winprinters, lacking the
ability to print plain text.  There's more information on this printer
and a PBM filter for it here:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Minolta-PagePro_1300W

So you'll have to set up Ghostscript to create PBMs, and then feed them
to the PBM-to-Minolta filter, which then feeds them to the printer.