Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:14:48 -0400
From:      "Gray, David" <David_W_Gray@tvratings.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Chat List'" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How did the MSFT monopoly start?

(Greg: this is not really a reply - I'm on the digest
list.)

Re the Tandy 16 or 6000HD - It was a Model 2 (Z80 based)
with an extra card cage attached. That card cage had the
68000 board, memory board, and hard disk controller, and
could optionally have an Arcnet card (never seen one) or
a multi-port serial board. Weird little hardware MMU setup
on the CPU board.

Standard config was a 15Mb 51/4" HD internally (6000HD),
or the same disk in a desktop external enclosure (Model
2 conversions, not sure about the purchased Model 16s.)

I have one of the things sitting in the back room, still
chugs along. I suppose its gonna have to go on E-Bay soon,
the girlfriend is *not* impressed by the space it takes,
and she knows darn well I don't have time for it now.

Still, 8" floppies, and Unix (OK, Xenix) in a 15M hard
drive...