Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:33:28 -0500
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        Andy <seahorse51@attbi.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: options SUIDDIR

At 04:00 PM 9.19.2002 -0600, Andy wrote:
>I have been researching the use of "options SUDIDIR" in the kernel.  I have
>noted several warnings about the use of this option being a security issue,
>but I have as of yet to read or see any explanation as to what kind of
>security issue its use represents.
>
>Any assistance in an explanation concerning this would be very much
>appreciated.
>
>Andy

I have this in my kernel from when I used the base system FTP server, but
since swithing to ProFTP, I have not seen a use for it and was planning to
remove on next compile of the kernel.....

What uses do you have in mind. Maybe I'll leave it in if really useful for
some other app.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator