Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 20:49:48 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        zec@tel.fer.hr (Marko Zec)
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp driver - receive interrupt bundling

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:06:16 +0000 (UTC), in sentex.lists.freebsd.hackers
you wrote:

>On http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~zec/index.html you can find a 4.4-RELEASE fxp
>driver source, with patches that incorporate receive interrupt bundling
>microcode, borrowed from the Intel's Linux e100 driver.
>
>Bundling interrupts for a couple of received Ethernet frames can
>significantly lower interrupt processing overhead, so if you have a
>really busy server or router or whatever this code can make a noticeable
>difference. On an 1200 MHz Athlon machine, the microcode saves around
>10% of CPU utilization, with incoming traffic of 20k pps on a single
>interface.
>
>The code is tested on 82558 rev B0 hardware, I'd be glad to know how it
>works on other versions of Intel's fxp cards.
>
>Pls. send your comments, suggestions etc. to zec@tel.fer.hr

Hi,
	What values would you reccomend for a box with 4 fxp NICs in them ?
Does it follow the the INT_DELAY should be lowered as you add more NICs ?

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)