Date:      Fri, 04 May 2001 16:31:42 -0500
From:      J Ramos <JRAMOS2@nc.rr.com>
To:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Minicom alternatives

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I ended up going with minicom, "living
dangerously." I've used it before, it works well. Now if I can just get
NetBSD on this darn Sparc that I can now get a serial console on. :-)

Josh

Andrew Hesford wrote:

> On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 11:16:14AM -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:
> > The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> > that has been posted to ml.freebsd.questions as well.

> > JR> I understand that minicom 1.83.1_2 is not avaiable from ports. Anyone
> > JR> have a better alternative? Minicom is the only program I've used to
> > JR> access a serial port, and I'm sort of lost now. Please feel free to make
> > JR> suggestions.
> >
> > My personal preference is Kermit, also from the ports.
>
> I second the nomination of "kermit". I use this program to transfer data
> to my HP48GX calculator, and to controll my headless/diskless firewall.
>
> --
> Andrew Hesford
> ajh3@chmod.ath.cx

- Josh Ramos, JRAMOS2@nc.rr.com
- FreeBSD, Debian/GNU Linux, the vi editor
- Coming soon - NetBSD