Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:02:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Joshua Fielden <shaggy@houseofduck.dyn.ml.org>
To:        Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 2940 Ultra?

On 28-Jul-97 Chuck wrote:
>I can't find it in the RELNOTES, but is the Adaptec 2940 Ultra
>supported in 2.2.2?  Adaptec's propaganda would have one believe
>that this is a different board from the 2940 (non-Ultra).

correct

>In
>particular, is simultaneous data transfer between multiple SCSI
>devices possible with this board?

No more than with any other single-channel adapter. If you want *true*
simultaneous transfers, you need more then one adapter, or more then
one channel on the adapter, like the Adaptech 3xxx series of "server"
adapters. <I don't know exact models on that line>

-- Joshua Fielden, shag@concentric.net
SCSI is *not* magic. There are many technical
reasons why it's occasionally nessicary to
sacrifice a small goat to your SCSI chain.