Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:53:24 -0800
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: buildworld: don't know how to make iterator.cc

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 03:46:14PM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > Randy, when moving from one to another, are you deleting the contents of
> > /usr/src before doing the csup?  More explicitly, this is what you
> > should do when going from one release to another:
> >
> > rm -fr /usr/src
> > rm -fr /var/db/sup/src-all
> > rm -fr /usr/obj/*
> > csup ...
>
> first one in is one of the amd64 systems
>
> /lib/clang/libllvmsupport/libllvmsupport.a -legacy
> sh /usr/src/tools/install.sh -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   clang-tblgen /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/legacy/usr/bin
> ===> gnu/usr.bin/gperf (obj,depend,all,install)
> /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gperf created for /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gperf
> ===> gnu/usr.bin/gperf/doc (obj)
> /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gperf/doc created for /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gperf/doc
> make: don't know how to make iterator.cc. Stop
> *** Error code 2
>
> ---
>
>     # cat /etc/make.conf
>     KERNCONF=RIP
>     NO_I4B=true
>     BOOTWAIT=5000
>     WITHOUT_X11=yes
>     MAKE_IDEA=YES
>     USA_RESIDENT=YES
>
>     # added by use.perl 2011-04-24 09:23:38
>     PERL_VERSION=5.10.1
>
> ---
>
>     # cat /etc/src.conf
>     # 2009.08.10
>     #
>     WITHOUT_ATM=yes
>     WITHOUT_BIND=yes
>     WITHOUT_BLUETOOTH=yes
>     WITHOUT_FLOPPY=yes
>     WITHOUT_GAMES=yes
>     WITHOUT_GPIB=YES
>     WITHOUT_I4B=YES
>     WITH_IDEA=yes
>     WITHOUT_IPFILTER=yes
>     WITHOUT_IPX=yes
>     WITHOUT_KERBEROS=yes
>     WITHOUT_LPR=YES
>     WITHOUT_LPR=yes
>     WITHOUT_MAIL=yes
>     WITHOUT_MAILWRAPPER=yes
>     WITHOUT_NIS=YES
>     WITHOUT_OBJC=yes
>     WITHOUT_PF=YES
>     WITHOUT_PROFILE=yes
>     WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=yes
>     WITHOUT_USB=yes
>     WITHOUT_WIRELESS=yes
>     WITHOUT_WPA_SUPPLICANT_EAPOL=yes

Sounds like an actual problem with either the FreeBSD build
infrastructure (not sure which bits are breaking it for you though), or
a problem with the cvsup mirror.  I'm not sure how to debug it past this
point (mainly because I don't have RELENG_9 systems).

Thanks for at least ruling out the possibility of version mismatch bits
within cvs/csup, Randy.  Sorry for wasting your time (per se).

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                 jdc@parodius.com |
| Parodius Networking                     http://www.parodius.com/ |