Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:50:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: softupdates and debug.max_softdeps

:  How many instances of postmark are you running?  I used 4 separate
:instances (you must run them in separate directories).

    Well, you didn't say that!  :-)  I'm running one.  I'll start up
    another couple to match your test.

:  How fast are your disks?  I used an external RAID-5 array that appears
:as single disk to FreeBSD.  It is RAID-5, so the performance isn't that
:great for writing.  I think my virtual disk is quite slow.  If your system
:has fast disks, run more instances of postmark.

    Fast.  Two striped 18G seacrates on each system 40 MB/sec SCSI bus on
    one system, 80 MB/sec SCSI bus on the other.

:
:  Well, I lost last nights panic because of fsck complaining about several
:million unreferenced files.  I'm going to log to disk next time.
:
:Tom
:Uniserve

    Ach.