Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 04:18:05 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        nik@iii.co.uk
Cc:        spork <spork@super-g.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jfieber@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! Upgrade 2.2.5-RELEASE to 2.2-STABLE.

> > It doesn't scale at all well -
>
> Disk is cheap?

It's not a question of disk, it's a question of being able to actually
create the archive on anything less than an ftp.cdrom.com class
machine. :)

> > You soon get a set of monster html files that are
> > essentially unusable - I know, I did the short-lived "FreeBSD Docs"
> > CD for awhile using MHonArc.
>
> Better suggestions appreciated. It would be better than what we have at
> the moment.

Unfortunately, I have neither a better suggestion (if I did, I'd have
dived on this one myself) nor agreement that MHonArc is better than
what we have at the moment (even though that's essentially nothing)
given the speed at which it falls over when confronted by any set of
archives as large as ours.  But you'll find all of this out the hard
way, I'm quite certain. :-)

					Jordan