Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 22:28:10 -0400
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, kris@airnet.net, David Shanes <dshanes@personalogic.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

On Sat, Apr 11, 1998 at 10:38:45AM +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Fri, 10 April 1998 at 15:03:31 -0400, Mark Mayo wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 01:15:03PM -0500, Kris Kirby wrote:
> > For those interested, the arguments that worked best for me (note that
> > this is for getting CS departments to embrace FreeBSD) :
> >
> I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned the biggest buzzword
> associated with BSD: the Internet.  Most of these other terms are
> things that only techies have heard of.  *Everybody* has heard of the
> Internet, which is more than you can say of Linux.  Look at the title
> of this thread.

Since it's Computer Science departments we're talking about, "The
Internet" goes with the "Pedigree Factor" I mentioned. :-)

Perhaps a gigantic BSD, the first Internet aware OS PR hype would
be good. :-)  Or something to that effect.. FreeBSD really has quite
a depot of good marketing ammunition available. We just soldiers to
sign up and start using it..

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark