Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:25:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      The Clark Family <res03db2@gte.net>
To:        Gerd Knops <gerti@bitart.com>
Cc:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>, Greg Lehey <grog@sydney.worldwide.lemis.com>, "David A. Medeiros" <damzz@mediaone.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Offensive figures (wa: Why?)

What next?

Assume for a moment that BSDi's marketing people decide that the daemon is
too controversial and stop using it as cover art. (On the FreeBSD disks.)

Take the B out of BSD, because it stands for Berkeley? (A thoroughly
immoral city near <gasp> SanFrancisco?)

Take out the TCP/IP stack because it was paid for with <American> DOD
funds?

Stop shipping it on CD because they were invented by SONY. (A company from
a predominately Shinto country?)

Next do away with MicroSoft. (Bill Gates like <Satanic> Heavy Metal
music.)

Can't use Next, they're all into EST.

Novell should be safe, unless you don't care for polygamy.

Religous convictions abound, but is there any sofware in existance that is
acceptable to everyone?

[RC]