Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2007 07:54:53 -0700
From:      <forum@redpuppy.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   6.2 AMD64 Ports Problem

I downloaded the 6.2 AMD64 disk 1 iso, installed it and updated the ports w=
ith=0D
cvsup. However, when I try to install xorg it's looking for ports that are =
not in=0D
the packages-6.2 folder. Instead they are in the packages-7-current or=0D
packages-current folder. Is it safe to install from those folders?=0D
=0D
In an attempt to get one of the updated ports I put in the /root/.profile =
=0D
"PKG_PATH=3Dftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amb64/packages-current"=
 and=0D
logged out. But when I run PKG_ADD -r dri-7.0.1,2.tbz. It tells me it could=
 not=0D
find the port.=0D
=0D
Why doesn=92t it pick up the PKG_PATH from the .profile?=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D