Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:30:35 -0500
From:      Jeff Aitken <jaitken@aitken.com>
To:        "Roger L. Beeman" <beeman@ip21.cvd-r8.rb1.bel.nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.5 install problem

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:08:36AM -0800, Roger L. Beeman wrote:
> I ran into this at 4.4-RELEASE and found this message from Jed Clear.
>  http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=3BEC8430.8DBB0698%40alum.mit.edu
>
> The key --> "Had to set BIOS to assign IRQ to USB.  Something new 4.4."

This is it!  Thanks for the tip.  The machine has an Award BIOS if
that matters.  Checking the "Assign IRQ to USB" option in one of the
BIOS setup screens seems to have resolved it completely.  The box is
now running 4.5-RELEASE happily with no other changes.

Anyone familiar with the USB code care to speculate why this fixes
the issue?  Or does the issue have nothing to do with the USB code?

--Jeff