Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:13:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael L. Squires" <mikes@siralan.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?Chris=20Ryan?= <chrisryanemail@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make buildkernal KERNKONF  ( etc etc )

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, [iso-8859-1] Chris Ryan wrote:

> I am trying to turn a p2 - 233 with 128mb RAM into a
> FW / router . and need to run natd
I found that I had to go to more RAM, or use sysctl to set the maximum
files open, with 4.10-STABLE on a PII/300 with 128MB of RAM doing what
you describe, plus snort (memory hog) and sendmail for my mail gateway.

I'm running "make buildkernel KERNCONF=<NAME>;make installkernel
KERNCONF=<NAME>" right now under 5.2-CURRENT and 4.10-STABLE; I wonder if
you have all the source tree installed on that system, and you have a
kernel configuration file of the specified name in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf.

Mike Squires