Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 22:41:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade to my machine

On Sat, 12 Aug 1995, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > On Sat, 12 Aug 1995, Gary Palmer wrote:
> >

> > > [CC: list trimmed, primarily to save my machine work :-)]

> > > Dunno about quiet - it's in a machine room... I don't think so tho.
> >
> > 	Is Micropolis pretty reliable though?
>
> Micropolis has one of the best track records in the industry for the
> reliability of thier drives.  They were the only vendor for a long time
> to pass Auspex's reliability requirements.

	Hmmmm, okay but I thought Micropolis wasn't that big of a player
in the market.  Isn't Seagates reliable since they are using the
technology they bought from CDC/Imprimus many years ago atleast on their
WREN and Elite Drives...

> > What drives does wcarchive and freefall use?
>
> Seagates and Micropolis on wcarchive last I heard, and Freefall is pure
> Quantum unless something has changed last time I looked at dmesg output.

	Hmmm, okay...

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!
Chabot Observatory & Science Center