Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:00:35 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
To:        Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simple Questions.

Hello Lonnie,

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 12:28:36PM -0800, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> I did like using such applications as "mc" (Midnight Commander) "pico" (editor)
> and ncftp, but have found that wese are not installed with FreeBSD. Can you
> please tell me if they can be istalled or will they be in the next distros.

You can install them from either the ports-collection (/usr/ports)
or as a package from /stand/sysinstall Configure -> Packages ->
FTP.

> Also, the latest Linux version are just now supporting hardware graphic
> accelerators such as the VooDoo 3 card in the kernel and in the new versions of
> XWindows andI am also wondering if FreeBSD will support these as well?

X Windows is currently 3.3.6, but you can always install 4.x from
the ports-collection also.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org