Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 1996 10:46:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        @ee.udel.edu, @eecis.udel.edu, "@louie.udel.edu":alexandr@louie.udel.edu
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux Compatibility

> That's what I also thought.  However, anytime I try to access a java
> application it chokes.  I have the moz2_??.zip file located in
> /usr/local/lib/netscape.  So, I was just wondering if there was
> something that Netscape may have been trying to write to when it
> accesses that causes this to happen.
>
> Oh well, c'est la vie.

You will need to update to -current.

The JAVA choking is a result of the signal handling. It's fixed in
-current, though I'm not sure about delivery-to-parent of SIGCHLD,
since that wasn't working a week ago (the processes weren't reaped
because of the Linux signal trampoline support for JAVA NetScape,
specifically).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---