Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:04:52 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG, sjr@home.net
Subject:   Re: sysctl on boot.

Warner Losh wrote:

> A long term fix might be to give the kernel a memory so it can
> initialize the sysctls from the get go.  However, that's much harder
> to pull off and a whole lot more work.
>
> Comments?

Non-intialized sysctl's might be converted into hint.*, and used or not
later. Of course, this results in a sort of memory leaking. And I'm not
even sure we can add new kernel environment variables once booted.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"I demand that my picture show a handsome face, even if it doesn't look
like me."