Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:11:59 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Ryan Grove <ryan@wonko.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using send-pr

> Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 02:58:30 -0700
> From: Ryan Grove <ryan@wonko.com>
> To: questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Using send-pr
>
> I'm trying to submit a new port using send-pr. I've read the send-pr
> manpages, I've read all the documentation I can find on FreeBSD.org, and
> as far as I can tell I'm doing everything the right way, but apparently
> my submissions are not getting through, because I'm not getting any
> acknowledgements.
>
> I've got a file in the current directory named "foo", which is my
> filled-out copy of the send-pr template. At the commandline, I type:
>
>      send-pr -f foo
>
> I get the prompt:
>
>      s)end, e)dit or a)bort?
>
> ..so I hit "s". It tells me the report has been sent. I wait eight
> hours, check my email, no acknowledgement that my report has been
> received. What am I doing wrong? Is there some deep hidden secret I've
> missed out on? Do I need to do a special dance? Maybe a nice mystical chant?

    send-pr uses your MTA to send the, um, PR, so you need to make sure
    you either have a "smart host" (SMTP server) defined in your MTA's
    config, or that your DNS passess all the requirements (which are the
    same as on this list)

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
12:07PM up 4 days, 20:44, 14 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00