Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 12:12:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        jgrosch@MooseRiver.com, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, jmutter@netwalk.com, "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCWeek article by Anne Chen -- Comments

:I've been using FreeBSD for years and have no objection to running Linux
:programs in emulation mode.  However, I have seen this by IT people
:before.  Maybe it would be more advantagous to rephrase it as "Native
:Linux Binary" support or something similar just to catch those in IT who
:aren't bright enough to understand what that means.
:
:Jamie

That wouldn't be a bad idea.  Not a bad idea at all.  If it were
branded as "Native Linux Binary Support" and a small blurb as to how
it works and why it isn't exactly emulation.

Could someone with a deeper technical understanding of how this works
write something up?  Maybe get it into the marketing scheme?