Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 02:10:39 +0100 (MET)
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@student.uni-ulm.de>
To:        Aaron Hill <hillaa@hotmail.com>
Cc:        keith@mail.telestream.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM ThinkPad Dead - A20/T20

> Everyone that manages to
> get a dual boot working seems to be using Win9x, nobody can get it going
> with 2000/NT.(Please, someone say I'm wrong here)

Hm, I didn't follow this thread, so don't know where the problems are. But
if things work with Win9x, but not with Win2K, then maybe it's Win2k's
fault?
This remembered me to some woes of Win2k's early days, when people found
out, that Win2k will clobber the OS/2 boot manager. This thing lives on
its own small partition, which wasn't recognized by Win2k properly and
therefore destroyed (nothing intentional, of course ;-) ). There is a
patch for Win2k to solve this problem. If the IBM laptop has its own small
partition for BIOS stuff, like some other brands, this could be a
possibility.
Check the Microsoft knowledge base for the exact problem description,
maybe you find some points, which ring your bells.
As far as I know this patch didn't manage to be included in the first
service pack, but has to be still applied by hand.

Just a suggestion, as I don't even know, where the problem actually is :-)

Ciao
Siegbert