Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:14:09 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>, Erick White <erickw@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Judge: "Gates Was Main Culprit"

How about this, then.  We all stand idly by while Bill Gates makes
billions by making it necessary to upgrade regularly to enjoy the latest
benefits of technology.  Then, we will also allow him and his company to
shut down competition so we really won't have any viable alternatives.
Then, when the next big revolution occurs, a bunch of grunts will provide
us with Microsoft Linux as the new standard.  Unfortunately, Gates will
say, older M$ applications will not run on the new platform, so windows
owners will need to upgrade.... all he needs now is to offer Linus
Torvalds a job, and he'll be all set.  And the hardware/software rat-race
will continue.  Sounds wonderful.

Let's just make sure that FreeBSD stays strong, so those of us on the
lunatic fringe can stand our ground.

-jonathon