Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:36:41 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <reso3w83@verizon.net>
To:        Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com>
Cc:        cali <calculus@softhome.net>
Subject:   Re: portmanager loop?

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 08:27 am, you wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2005, at 11:07 AM, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> > That works on December 1st, I'm not certain about the current date
> > yet.
> >
> > Further info, on December 1st /usr/ports/graphics/dri is the
> > correct dri
> > for XFree86-4.  I have all of this running on a AMD450 so it is a
> > bit slow, my guess is I'll have solid answers in about 4 hours and
> > the quick fix will probably be to de-install graphics/xfree86-dri
> > then run portmanager -u.
>
> I'm about to try it...
>
> I went into /usr/ports/graphics/xfree86-dri and ran make deinstall,
> it said that the package wasn't installed.
>
> I went into ../dri and ran make deinstall, it deinstalled dri-6.2_2,2
>
> about to run portupgrade -u now...
>
> Cross yer' fingers! :-)
>
> -Bart

Bart, here is what I think will happen based on what I see here, I think
it will get past XFree-4-servers ok, but the next program that needs
dri is going to bring the wrong one back in and so the looping will
start on something else. If I were you I would hold off updating for
now until I can give you a certain fix.

-Mike