Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:21:58 -0700
From:      "Hayden Katzenellenbogen" <haydenk@nextlevelinternet.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Spikes on Dummynet/ipfw

I have setup a machine to be a bridge on my network for collocation. I have
compiled into the kernel the dummynet ipfirewal and ipdivert options.

The machine works fine and all the but everyday for an hour or so there is a
spike that runs for double the bandwidth and I can not work out why this is
happening

the rules I am using are

ipfw add 100 pipe 1 ip from any to any in via fxp0
ipfw pipe 1 config bw 1543Kbits/s delay 1ms
ipfw add 200 pipe 2 ip from any to any out via fxp0
ipfw pipe 2 config bw 1543Kbits/s delay 1ms

fxp0 is my outside interface and it runs at about 700K/s then for an hour it
runs for 2.4M/s

Can anyone tell me what is happening.

thanks
Hayden