Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2019 11:33:22 +0100
From:      freebsd-wireless@zx81.pw
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   802.11s compatibility with Linux/OpenWRT

Hi,

Looking at the FreeBSD/mesh wiki page (
https://wiki.freebsd.org/WiFi/Mesh ) it says:

"Development is occurring at the FreeBSD HEAD branch and an experimental
support is present on FreeBSD 8.0."
and
"Given that the Linux 802.11s implementation (in wireless-testing) was
based on an early draft, we can't talk with Linux mesh nodes."

I have a router (Mikrotik RB435G with an AR9220 card with OpenWRT
installed) and a FreeBSD12 machine with PCIe-based AR9580 card.

With mesh set up on the FreeBSD machine, a scan on the router lists the
mesh network but can't ever join.
Correspondingly, with mesh set up on the router, a scan on the FreeBSD
machine doesn't list the router's mesh.

Does anyone have any confirmation of working interaction between FreeBSD
and Linux/OpenWRT-based nodes?

Thanks