Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:33:26 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CVSUP question

Greetings,
I installed 5.1-release on a box.  I installed cvsup from ports.
I then copied /usr/src/share/examples/cvsup/stable-sup /etc.

I changed the file to point to a CVS server near me.  The notes
I was reading were specific to Freebsd 4.6.  Since I had
5.1 installed I guessed I needed to choose RELENG_5 to
track 5.1 stable.  I then added the following lines to the
bottom of the file:

ports-www tag=.
ports-net tag=.
ports-security tag=.
ports-sysutils tag=.

I then did a cvsup /etc/stable-supfile.  The system trundled away,
showing on the screen file deletions, etc.

When it finished (without any errors, and telling me it was sucessful),
I tried to cd /usr/src.  The directory was gone.  Hmm.... So,
I modified the stable-sup file to use RELENG_5_1.   Then did a
cvsup /etc/stable-supfile.  But once it connected to the cvsup server,
it just hung.

If I want to track 5.1-stable, what should I use ?

thanks,
Darryl