Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:13:37 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernsth@nl.euro.net>
To:        Herve Quiroz <hquiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Location of javadoc

Hey Herve,

> This could be the way to have all java relatad ports unified in the way
> they are installing data, docs, apidocs and classes. Indeed, people are
> more likely to use defined variables if they exist when otherwise they
> would do as they intend to, which may possibly not match the discussed
> "unified" way.

Yeah, you're probably right.

> PS: BTW, don't you think PORTAPIDOCS is more significant than APIDOCS_JAVA
> (which sounds more like a "global" variable and not an installing port
> related one) ? -I'm just splitting hairs here ;)

Actually I love hair-splitting! :) I'm a perfectionist, and I think you're
right. PORTAPIDOCS sounds better, although I'm missing 'JAVA' in there now.
Perhaps PORTJAVADOCS or PORTAPIDOCS_JAVA or so...

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ