Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 06:51:56 -0400
From:      Jason Vervlied <jvervlied@hway.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with vmware2

Okay,

	Here is the problem I am having. I am running FreeBSD-4.3. I installed
vmware from the ports collection, and the install seemed to go fine. The
problem is that whenever I try to start up my virtual machine, X will
lock up on me, and if I try to go to another virtual terminal or simply
break out of X (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace) my machine will reboot. The virtual
machine never even gets to POST before this happens. Has anyone here
ever had this problem, and if so does anyone know a solution to this
problem.

Thanks,

Jason